Tuesday 23 July 2013

WELCOME TALENTED TEENAGER, E.J. HINZE. YA, WATCH OUT, HERE COMES A NEW CREATIVE MIND!

 
 
 
What made you want to write? 
I remember when I started sixth grade and I knew no one. I was always and still am a shy person. When I finally made a few friends it seemed like they accepted me into their group, only for them to ditch me a year and a half later claiming they were only pretending to like me. After that I didn't know what to do because I had no friends that I was able to talk to. I had one and she is still a great friend of mine today, but she was a grade ahead of me so I couldn't really see her all the time, so of course I felt really lonely. I found this website where you could take quizzes and write stories to share with people and as I read some of the stories on there I thought, hey why not try it out? So I got an account and started to write stories, fan fiction. It was great! The thought of creating your own story for characters that you created to go along with characters that already existed and worlds that you could place your characters in was an amazing feeling. It made me feel like I could express the way I was feeling through the characters I was creating. I loved writing from the start. I could make a new story from an old story which was really cool. 
 
How long have you been writing? 
I've been writing for close to four years. I started out writing fan fiction and had my attempts at writing originals but I never seemed to think they were any good. So I always wrote fan fiction. 
 
What is your favorite kind of story?
I really don't have a favorite kind of story. If the plot is interesting and the characters seem cool I'll read it. I guess I could say the most stories I read are romance, action, drama, and comedy. 
 
What grade are you in?
I am in 9th grade, freshman year of high school. 
 
What is your favorite subject in school?
My favorite subject has always been English, or Language Arts as the call it where I live. I was always accustom to calling it English though. It always seemed more appropriate then "Language Arts". As clique as it may sound for a writer to love English class, I never really got into any other subjects growing up. I was never a Math geek or Science nerd. I'm not that athletic either... The only sport I ever really enjoyed was swimming - if that's even considered a sport - and soccer. 
 
What career or careers do you wish to pursue when you graduate?
Well, when I graduated I always dreamed of trying to become a published author and if that didn't work out I would have fallen back on becoming an English teacher because I would still be around something I love, which are stories and grammar and all the wonderful things of that sort, but I would be teaching it to fresh minds instead which is a great addition to a dream. But my main focus after I graduated was to try and get published. 
 
Where do you get ideas from regarding characters and or plots?
I think the question should be when I get them! Anything can trigger a small idea for me. Sometimes my mind can wander and I'll start thinking about random stuff like what if the world ran out of water and I could some how pluck a story idea out of that. As for my characters, when I sit down and figure the plot out I think about what kinds personalities would go along with the plot, say for instance if I had a plot that was very dark and dramatic I would think of what type of person would go along with that mood and really make the story interesting. As soon as I figure out their personality, an image of what the look like just seems to form in my head without really thinking about it. Sure once the image forms I make a few adjustment most of the time, but not very big ones. Making the characters and forming their back stories is always the funnest part of starting a novel for me!
 
Who helps you with your writing?   
No one really helps me when I'm writing. Maybe afterwards I'll ask my mom to read it and make some adjustments and edits but while its still in the writing stage, no one helps me. Its the revision stage that I have help for. 
 
What other interests do you have (sports, art, music, other activities)?   
My other interests are defiantly Music and Drawing. Music is like my second home away from home; writing being the first. I love playing music and listening to it. In fact, when I get into a story I'm writing listening to music helps me concentrate. I play two instruments, Guitar and Alto Saxophone. Guitar is the most fun to play though. I want to learn how to play keyboard but I don't know if I have the memory for it. And I like to draw, but I wouldn't say I am the best at it. I stopped drawing for a while actually, but then a good friend of mine; Daria mentioned she drew comics and showed me some of hers, and then after that I found myself starting to draw again. I like to draw in anime or manga style a lot. But drawing is defiantly a lot of fun, even if I don't do it very often. 
 
What do you enjoy doing with your family?
I don't really do anything with my family... My parents live in two separate states that are 1500 miles apart... I live with my father and he's always busy with work so I don't do much with my family. 
 
What are some of your favorite movies and books? 
I've always been a fan of Harry Potter, ever since the start. J.K. Rowling is my idol. But I also really love The Mortal Instruments Series and The Outsiders. S.E. Hilton is also one of my favorite authors, along with Cassandra Claire. Some of my favorite movies have to be How To Train Your Dragon, as childish as it may be, The Harry Potter Movies,The Outsiders (1983), Red, Pitch Perfect, and A Bugs Life. 
 
Is there anything else you would like your audience to know about you?   What makes you special? 
I don't really know what else to say. Nothing really makes me special, but I am just so overwhelmed that this has happened and amazed at this opportunity. 
 
Tell us about your new book we are publishing?   
The title of this book is The Master Plan and its basically the introduction for the series. Its setting the idea of the plot up and you can get a feel of the way the characters are going to act through out the series and the way things are going to happen. The Master Plan is about a girl named Avery Sterling who is a detective at a New York Police department and she finds out that her uncle was murdered the night before and her uncle was basically her parental figure. So if finding out he was murdered wasn't enough she is assigned the case to find out what happened to him. When she goes to investigate and finds some evidence she goes to the head of crime investigations and is shot down because her evidence isn't sufficient. She decides to figure out whats going on on her own, and while she decides to do that she meets Sebastian Broke, a man who knows more than hes letting on. She finds out Sebastian was the one who murdered her Uncle and she becomes furious, but Sebastian has a reason, a reason that seems to unreal for Avery to believe. Her uncle was a high ranking officer in a society - The Stelophidial Society - who is trying to take over the world . The society is a organization of highly trained assassins around the world. The idea of the society was originally the governments but they trashed it a while ago. She also finds out  that Sebastian is a part of a group trying to stop the society called The Elite Throughout the book Avery is trying to figure out what Sebastian is playing at and if he is really telling the truth about what happened and why her uncle had to die. 
 
 
 WOW, I'M IMPRESSED WITH THIS TALENTED YOUNG WOMAN AND WE ARE PROUD TO HAVE HER AS PART OF OUR GROWING PUBLISHING HOUSE.   
AS A PREVIOUS HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER AND CURRENTLY A JUVENILE LAWYER, I HAVE TO SAY, E.J.'S WAY OF RESOLVING PEER ISSUSES  AT SCHOOL IS REFRESHING.  THE USE OF WRITING IS A WONDERFUL EXAMPLE OF APPLYING ONE'S BRAIN TO OVERCOME OBSTICLES/EMOTIONS, WHICH TEENAGERS HAVE A ABUNDANCE OF.  LIFE'S HARD IN MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL.  E.J. IS A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR OTHER YOUNG PEOPLE. 
I WISH MORE YOUTH SELECTED POSITIVE ACTIVITIES TO ASSIST THEM WITH THEIR DIFFICULTIES. 
WAY TO GO E.J.!
 NOW LOOK, SOON E.J. HINZE WILL BE PUBLISHED! WATCH OUT WORLD SHE HAS A BOOK. NO, A SERIES COMING OUR WAY! 
ALSO, IF I MAY SAY, E.J. ANSWERED ABOVE ... NOTHING REALLY MADE HER SPEICAL.  WELL, I BEG TO DIFFER.  ALL OF OUR AUTHORS ARE SPECIAL AND E.J. IS A PARTICULARLY TALENTED AND ACCOMPLISHED ONE.  WE KNOW YOU ARE SPECIAL, AND SOON, SO WILL YOUR READERS.
CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO OUR HOUSE!  MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME!
CELESTE
PUBLISHER


No comments:

Post a Comment