Tuesday 27 August 2013

BE BRAVE. BRAVERY LEADS TO ADVENTURE BY EJ HINZE.



Being brave is one thing, but just one thing can lead to something extravagant.

Sometimes a choice can be given to you in life, and whether you choose to take that chance is up to you. As you think about this chance you think about the positives but you also think about the negatives. Sometimes the negative outcomes can override the positive ones and that makes you want to back down from the opportunity.

But the truth of the matter is you never know what’s going to happen. For all you know one of the positive outcomes that you thought of, or didn’t even think of could happen.

I guess most people try to think realistically, being a fan of realistic writing and stories myself I can see where people come from. They think realistically about chance and not about dreams or what could be.

Also a lot of the times realistic is negative. People tell you the negative sides to what you’re doing and just tell you; “Don’t to take the chance; the life you have now is content so keep it.”

But even they don’t know what could happen if you do take the chance and you don’t either.

As a writer I don’t like to think realistically. I like to think of the positive outcomes of a situation and the negatives but generally I’ll listen to the positives and just do it. Sometimes the chances I take end up with a negative outcome but you know, at least I can say I did it and twenty years later I can look back on my choices and not say “What if I had done that, maybe things might have been different” because I took the chance.

Also, taking chances lead to great stories ideas for new or in progress stories. I could get little ideas I can work into a plot or small ideas that turn into something really big.

My dad and I are about to take a huge chance by moving far away from the rest of our family. My dad has a lot of negatives that could possibly happen with this situation but also a lot of big positive and he’s choosing to ignore the negatives and go for it. I admire him for that.

The option to go is troubling me a little, don’t get me wrong. I’m starting my first year of high school very shortly and I have an abundance of wonderful friends that I will be leaving behind and my extended family. But at the same time this move opens up so many new wonderful opportunities and adventures.

This whole thing is just one big adventure that I could either say “I’ll go for it!” or look back a few years later and say “What would have happened if I would have done that?” and I don’t want to do that.

This adventure could also open up so many new story ideas and things to write about.

So for all I know this could have been my better option to move instead of stay where I am and live my life in the same time. At least my life will have a bit of variety.

But in all seriousness, I have a lot of adventures coming towards me within the next few years and I am excited yet scared at the same time. But you know, I’m brave and interested. And when you’re brave, adventure always follows.
Blog by EJ Hinze 
and picture provided by EJ Hinze

1 comment: